Part-time job opportunity
Work in an office in a publishing and research company.
Categories of jobs available:
- Office assistant (hours flexible from Monday to Friday between 7 & 3).
- Research assistants to write academic papers for journals (can work at home)
- Creative writer to embellish dry factual articles for magazines (can work at home)
- Journalists to write articles on Indian cultural events for newspapers and magazines
- Proof-readers (can work at home)
- Researches to go in the field to conduct interviews, administer questionnaires, etc.
- Photographers to go in the field to shoot photos of people and events.
- Artists and illustrators for books and magazines.
- Biographer who must have a literary style
- Sales and marketing representatives to promote and sell books on a 25% commission basis
- Actors to dramatize Indian folk tales on stage (occasionally)
- For production of short documentary films: script writers, camera operators, film editors and narrator with slight British accent
For positions numbered 2 and 4, applicants must have a university education. They must major in Literature, Education, History, Asian Studies, Communication Studies, Journalism, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, Sociology or Psychology. They must be computer literate, be exceedingly intelligent, have a high GPA score, and must have excellent writing skills.
Dr Kumar Mahabir,Ph.D. Anthropology Assistant Professor, University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT) Chairman, Chakra Publishing House Ltd (CPH) Chairman, Indo-Caribbean Cultural Centre Co. Ltd (ICC) 10 Swami Avenue, Don Miguel Road San Juan, Trinidad and Tobago Tel: (868) 674-6008 Tel/fax: (868) 675-7707 Mobile (868) 756-4961 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org